Monday, January 16, 2012

Aloha Cowboy

Aloha!

My husband and I took a trip this October with some good friends of ours to Oahu! It was the first time I had been to Hawaii! We had a wonderful time. My one goal while I was there, was to find some genuine Hawaiian fabric. The last full day we were there, our friend spotted one as we were driving. It was amazing. I could have spent hours and hours shopping for fabric.

Aaron, my husband really wanted an aloha shirt, so I took this opportunity to create a one of a kind for him. He loves the cowboy shirt style so I kind of killed two birds with one stone here.

Fabric: Cotton/Poly blend - He picked out this print. I love that he was able to get a shirt made from a fabric of his choosing.
Pattern: McCall's M6044

FYI: I have several more fabrics I picked out at this store and will be sewing up some more fun Hawaiian inspired outfits! The shop we went to has a web site and you can order online: fmart.com






No comments:

Post a Comment